II. While Reading Activities
- backdrop |ˈbakˌdräp| noun- the setting or background for a scene, event, or situation: the conference took place against a backdrop of increasing diplomatic activity.
- pivotal |ˈpivədl| adjective-of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something else: the alliance that played a pivotal role in the revolution.
- vehicle |ˈvēək(ə)lˈvēˌhik(ə)l| noun- a thing used to express, embody, or fulfill something: I use paint as a vehicle for my ideas.
- potential |pəˈten(t)SHəl| adjective [attributive] -having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future: a two-pronged campaign to woo potential customers.
- avatar |ˈavəˌtär| noun-(Computing) an icon or figure representing a particular person in video games, Internet forums, etc.
- voice-over |ˈvois ˌōvər| noun-a piece of narration in a movie or broadcast, not accompanied by an image of the speaker.
- inscribe |inˈskrīb| verb –write or carve (words or symbols) on something, especially as a formal or permanent record: his name was inscribed on the new silver trophy.
- intrigued verb |inˈtrēɡ| (intrigues, intriguing, intrigued) arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate: I was intrigued by your question.
- sphinx |sfiNGks| noun-(the Sphinx) an ancient Egyptian stone figure having a lion’s body and a human or animal head, especially the huge statue near the Pyramids at Giza.
- vividly |ˈvividlē| adverb- in an intensely deep or bright manner: flowers of different hues shining vividly in the bright sunshine | vividly colored paintings.
Source: New Oxford American Dictionary
Reading Comprehension: Fill-ins
Marc-André Éthier, a professor at the University of Montreal who studies materials that are being used to teach high school history, noticed that traditional tools like textbooks were being used less. When he heard about the Discovery Tour, he said, ‘I was intrigued, and I prepared a study to test if Discovery Tour could teach someone as much as a lecture.’
Grammar Focus: Structure and Usage
Teachers have a new way to connect with students.
An avatar can be any character the students choose.
III- 2 secrets
A lot of history’s secrets are lost to time.