- bewildering |biˈwildər| –adj. bewildering: cause (someone) to become perplexed and confused: there is a bewildering array of desserts to choose from.
- weird |wi(ə)rd| adjective -suggesting something supernatural; uncanny: the weird crying of a seal.
- emerged |iˈmərj| verb [ no obj. ]move out of or away from something and come into view: the ravens emerged from the fog.
- monikers ˈmänikər| (also monicker ) noun informal- a name.
- beacons |ˈbēkən| noun-a light or other visible object serving as a signal, warning, or guide, esp. at sea or on an airfield.
- etiquette |ˈetikit, -ˌket| –noun- the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group.
- interaction |ˌintərˈakSHən|-noun-reciprocal action or influence: ongoing interaction between the two languages.
- affection-|əˈfekSHən| noun-a gentle feeling of fondness or liking: she felt affection for the wise old lady | he won a place in her affections.
- alliteration |əˌlitəˈrāSHən|-noun-the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
- comforting |ˈkəmfərtiNG|-adjective-giving consolation for grief or anxiety; soothing: his comforting presence.
Source: New Oxford American Dictionary
- F- The Tug robot is currently being used at a hospital in California.
- F- Some of the Tug’s duties are to deliver drugs and clean linens while carting away medical waste.
- T-The hospital staff still seems unsure what to make of Tug.
- NA-Soon Tugs will be in all California hospitals.
- T-The robots use maps in their brains to navigate.
- T- Tugs communicate through with the hospital’s Wi-Fi system.
- F- Hospital staff was trained in how to interact with the robots.
- T-Tug’s manufacturer, designed it to be comforting.
- T-There are Drug Tugs that securely deliver medications.
- F-According to the article, the robot that performed its duties correctly almost 100 percent of the time.
Structure and Usage
There’s a hotel opening this summer in Japan with robot receptionists.
Walking around a hospital in scrubs is perfectly normal.
There’s no robot for a man like me.