Lesson Plan: Learn The Art of Storytelling From Pixar for Free
II. While Reading Activities: Word Inference
- animation |ˌanəˈmāSH(ə)n| noun-also computer animation)the manipulation of electronic images by means of a computer in order to create moving images.
- consistently |kənˈsistən(t)lē| adverb-in every case or on every occasion; invariably: the vehicle consistently outperforms some of the best competitors |
- visual |ˈviZH(o͞o)əl| noun (usu. visuals) a picture, piece of film, or display used to illustrate or accompany something.
- installment |inˈstôlmənt| noun- any of several parts of something that are published, broadcast, or made public in sequence at intervals: filming the final installment in his Vietnam trilogy.
- animator |ˈanɪmeɪtə| noun-a person who makes animated films: usually animators make a series of drawings on paper or on the computer.
- provide |prəˈvīd| verb-[ with obj. ] make available for use; supply: these clubs provide a much appreciated service for this area.
- hone |hōn| verb-refine or perfect (something) over a period of time: she has taken numerous workshops to hone her skills over the years | (as adj., with submodifierhoned) : a finely honed performance.
- basis |ˈbāsəs| noun (pl. bases |-sēz| ) the system or principles according to which an activity or process is carried on: she needed coaching on a regular basis | flea markets operate on a cash-only basis.
- storyboard A storyboard is a graphic organizer in the form of illustrations or images displayed in sequence for the purpose of pre-visualizing a motion picture, animation, motion graphic or interactive media sequence.
- technical |ˈteknək(ə)l| adjective-of or relating to a particular subject, art, or craft, or its techniques: technical terms | a test of an artist’s technical skill.
Reading Comprehension: Fill-ins
Pixar’s previous Khan Academy courses include topics like virtual cameras, effects and animations, but this is the first to focus on the less technical aspects of movie creation. I expect Pixar will offer me a job upon completion of this course and then I’ll win my Oscar.
Grammar Focus: Structure and Usage
There’s a difference between good storytelling and great storytelling.
The lessons are sourced from Pixar.
There are activities for students to complete.