II. While Reading Activities
- blurs |blər| verb (blurs, blurring, blurred) make or become unclear or less distinct: : tears blurred her vision
- app |ap| nounComputing-an application, especially as downloaded by a user to a mobile device. apparently there are these new apps that will actually read your emails to you.
- marketable |ˈmärkədəb(ə)l| adjective-able or fit to be sold or marketed: the fish are perfectly marketable.
- environment |inˈvīrənmənt| noun-[ with modifier ] Computing the overall structure within which a user, computer, or program operates: a desktop development environment.
- interactive |ˌin(t)ərˈaktiv| adjective-allowing a two-way flow of information between a computer and a computer-user; responding to a user’s input: a fully interactive map of the area.
- Blueprints|ˈblo͞oˌprint| noun-a design plan or other technical drawing.
- concept |ˈkänˌsept|noun-an abstract idea; a general notion: structuralism is a difficult concept | the concept of justice.
- unique |yo͞oˈnēk|adjective-being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else: the situation was unique in modern politics | original and unique designs.
- inspiration |ˌinspəˈrāSH(ə)n|-noun1 the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative: Helen had one of her flashes of inspiration | the history of fashion has provided designers with invaluable inspiration.
- imagination |iˌmajəˈnāSH(ə)n| noun-the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses: she’d never been blessed with a vivid imagination.
Source: New Oxford American Dictionary
The candy-colored blocks snap together like Legos to create interactive robot penguins, trucks, and other cool things. Blueprints guide kids through the process, but as with all the best toys, the real learning comes when the imagination runs wild. These robot recipes are something we see as more of an inspiration.
Grammar Focus: Structure and Usage
A companion app teaches programming.
Kids want to build their own unique robots.
Kids can build a glowing lantern that turns on and off.