- confirmed |kənˈfərmd| verb- state with assurance that a report or fact is true: he confirmed that the general was in the hands of the rebels.|
- indelible |inˈdeləbəl| adjective- not able to be forgotten or removed: his story made an indelible impression on me.
- ambivalence |amˈbivələns| noun-the state of having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone: the law’s ambivalence about the importance of a victim’s identity.
- premiere |prēˈmyer, -ˈmi(ə)r| noun-the first performance of a musical or theatrical work or the first showing of a movie.
- special effects The illusions or tricks of the eye used in the film, television, theatre, video game, and simulator industries to simulate the imagined events in a story or virtual world are traditionally called special effects. (often abbreviated as SFX, SPFX, or simply FX). Wikipedia
- endure |enˈd(y)o͝or| verb-[ no obj. ] remain in existence; last: these cities have endured through time.
- animated ed |ˈanəˌmātid|-adjective-(of a movie or image) made using animation techniques: an animated version of the classic fairy tale.
- zeal |zēl| noun- great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective: his zeal for privatization | Laura brought a missionary zeal to her work.
- subsidiary |səbˈsidēˌerē|-adjective-less important than but related or supplementary to: many environmentalists argue that the cause of animal rights is subsidiary to that of protecting the environment.
- assets-|ˈaset|-noun-a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality: quick reflexes were his chief asset
- T-Mr. Nimoy was known for his role as Spock in the “Star Trek” series.
- F- Mr. Nimoy was teaching acting when he was cast in the original “Star Trek” television series.
- F- “Star Trek” had its premiere on NBC on Sept. 8, 1966.
- F-The fans of the show were called Trekkies, or Trekkers.
- T-Mr. Nimoy was Born in Boston MA.
- T-Mr. Nimoy also directed several of the “Star Trek” movies.
- T-In 2001 he voiced the king of Atlantis in the Disney animated movie “Atlantis: The Lost Empire”.
- NA-Mr. Nimoy dreamed of becoming an astronaut.
- F-His religious upbringing also influenced the characterization of Spock.
- T-The phrase “Live long and prosper” was Spock’s signature salute and blessing.
Grammar Focus: Structure and Usage
Nimoy became a folk hero.
The fans’ devotion only deepened.
Mr. Nimoy also appeared in the follow-up movie.