II. While Reading Tasks
- cohere |kōˈhi(ə)r| verb [ no obj. ] be united; form a whole: our mixed physical and spiritual natures cohere and mature.
- bifurcation ˌbīfərˈkāSHən/ noun-the division of something into two branches or parts. “the bifurcation of the profession into social do-gooders and self-servers.
- coalesced |ˌkōəˈles| verb [ no obj. ] come together and form one mass or whole: the puddles had coalesced into shallow streams | the separate details coalesce to form a single body of scientific thought.
- solstice |ˈsōlstis| noun -either of the two times in the year, the summer solstice and the winter solstice, when the sun reaches its highest or lowest point in the sky at noon, marked by the longest and shortest days.
- collaborations |kəˌlabəˈrāSHən| noun-the action of working with someone to produce or create something: he wrote on art and architecture in collaboration with John Betjeman.
- provincial |prəˈvinSHəl| adjective -of or concerning a province of a country or empire: provincial elections.
- macho |ˈmäCHō| adjective-showing aggressive pride in one’s masculinity: the big macho tough guy.
- nexus |ˈneksəs| noun ( pl. same or nexuses )-a connection or series of connections linking two or more things: the nexus between industry and political power.
- morphing |môrf| verb-change smoothly from one image to another by small gradual steps using computer animation techniques: [ with obj. ] : 3-D objects can be morphed into other objects.
- traditional |trəˈdiSHənl| –adjective-existing in or as part of a tradition; long-established: the traditional festivities of the church year.
Source: New Oxford American Dictionary
- F- Bjork keeps a small cabin near Thingvellir.
- T-Bjork drove to the cabin in a Land Rover.
- T- Bjork still worries about the visual element of her work.
- F- Bjork is 49 years-old.
- T- She made a record of folk songs at age 11.
- F-Her first solo album was called Debut.
- T- Human Behavior was her first music video as a solo artist.
- T-Bjork exposed popular audiences to often-obscure fashion designers.
- NA-Bjork loved to dress up as clowns when she was young.
- NA-She will be making a feature film soon.