- unmarked |ˌənˈmärkt| adjective -not marked: an unmarked police car | his skin was unmarked.
- float |flōt| verb –move or hover slowly and lightly in a liquid or the air; drift: clouds floated across a brilliant blue sky | figurative : through the open window floated the sound of traffic.
- retrospect |ˈretrəˌspekt|noun – a survey or review of a past course of events or period of time.
- unmanned |ˌənˈmand| adjective -not having or needing a crew or staff: an unmanned space flight.
- ambitious |amˈbiSHəs| adjective-having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed: his mother was hard-working and ambitious for her four children.
- authority |əˈTHôrədē| (abbr.: auth.) noun (pl. authorities) a person or organization having power or control in a particular, typically political or administrative, sphere: the health authorities.
- decline |dəˈklīn| verb- politely refuse to do something: the company declined to comment.
- persuade |pərˈswād| verb –cause (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument: it wasn’t easy, but I persuaded him to do the right thing.
- skeptical |ˈskeptək(ə)l| adjective- not easily convinced; having doubts or reservations: the public were deeply skeptical about some of the proposals.
- elusive |ēˈlo͞osiv| adjective-difficult to find, catch, or achieve: success will become ever more elusive.
- F- There was the warning to pilots that unmanned aircraft would be flying in the area, about an hour north of London,
- F- Amazon is not alone, however, as other companies conduct drone trials around the world.
- T-In New Zealand, Domino’s Pizza is testing drones to ferry fast food across the country.
- F- Google is offering burrito orders delivered by drone in Virginia.
- F- With competitors aplenty, it is not surprising that Amazon wants to hide efforts from prying eyes.
- T- Some people in this rural area have had angry reactions.
- NA- Children also fly the drones.
- T- They are testing those drones here because they can’t do it in America.
- T- Some think that in sparsely populated areas drones could fill an underserved niche of people with limited access to stores.
- T- But in many built-up urban areas, the arrival of drone delivery could quickly become a logistical nightmare.
Grammar Focus: Word -Recognition
For places like Worsted Lodge — a sparsely populated area where farm animals easily outnumber residents — drones could fill an underserved niche of people with limited access to stores. But in many built-up urban areas, the arrival of drone delivery could quickly become a logistical nightmare — something the tests in the Cambridgeshire countryside would not soon solve.