Directions: Play the video above, then answer the questions below (Be patient — the video may take a few minutes to load).
1. Explain the term tax bomb and which group of people are affected by it.
2. Colbert states, “ …the Republicans are in a bit of a pickle here…” What does the expression in a pickle mean?
3. What is the reason the Republican Senator gives for not giving unemployed people money?
4. Explain Colbert’s proposal of the Trickle-Down Theory and how it will help the unemployed people?
5. What does the expression Ownership Society mean in this context? (what does Colbert say at the end of his discussion)
Stay The Course
Colbert Interviews Google’s (former) CEO Eric Schmidt